21 Day Fix Week 1 Review with Meal Plan

This is not my first round of 21 Day Fix.  After doing a few other programs, I decided to revisit the program that started my journey.  I figured it would be EASY this time around.  I mean, I've done it before.  I've also done 21 Day Fix EXTREME, so how hard can it be, right?  Here is a little glimpse of my journey (make sure you scroll all the way to the end for my results!):

Week one, Day one:

I woke up at 5am because I have discovered that if hubby and I don't get our workout in first thing in the morning, it ain't gonna happen! 



I have to say, Autumn kicked my butt!  While I didn't have to modify as many moves as I did during my first round, there were still some exercises that I had to modify at least part of the time.  21 Day Fix Total Cardio Fix is no joke, but do-able.

So, hubby and I dutifully did cardio day (I HATE cardio, but it is a necessary evil), and we said very "nice" things to Autumn the whole way through.  Our kids were still sleeping, so their little ears were not around to hear all the loving words we lavished on her. ;)


FOOD:

Breakfast:  I blended up some chocolate Shakeology with 1 tsp of peanut butter and 1/2 a banana, water and ice for breakfast.  My favorite!  1 red, 1 purple, and 1 tsp.  Yummy!
Morning snack:  Cottage cheese with a sprinkle of garlic powder and onion powder. 1 red
Lunch was an arugula salad with cucumbers, broccoli, tomatoes, green onions, avocado, and garbanzo beans with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.  2 green, 1 blue, 1 yellow.


Afternoon Snack:  Plain greek yogurt with raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. 1 red, 1 purple

Dinner was one of my favorites!  21 Day Fix Extreme Beef Stew with Butternut Squash, served with a sweet potato on the side.  1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow.


Finally, I ended the day with one orange container of sunflower seeds.

Day 2:

Upper Fix.  Ouch.  Weights, push ups, planks, crunches... yeah baby!  I remember when I did my first round of 21 Day Fix, I had to modify EVERYTHING and barely got through.  It is still tough, but I can tell how much stronger I am.  I am a little sore from day 1, but nothing I can't push through.  And, I am already down one pound from yesterday!  I am not one to be ruled by the scale, and I do understand that it can fluctuate greatly, but I can already feel the difference in that I am not as bloated and sluggish.  Nutrition is the key! 


Speaking of nutrition, here is what I ate on Day 2:

I started the day with a new Shakeology recipe experiment, and it was DELICIOUS!!  I'm going to call it Vanilla Caramel Latte.  Click for the recipe.  1 red.

 Morning Snack: Plain Greek yogurt with blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.  1 red, 1/2 purple.
Lunch:  Baked Cod with Zucchini Noodles and Tomatoes.  1 red, 1 green, 1 tsp.
Afternoon snack:  Steel cut oatmeal with peanut butter and strawberries. 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1 tsp.
Dinner:  Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti Squash and green beans. 1 red, 2 green, 1 blue, 1/2 purple.  Plus I saved a yellow so I could have a glass of wine with dinner! Yay me!
Evening Snack:  Sunflower seeds. 1 orange.

Day 3:  Lower Fix AKA LEG DAY!!!

What can one say about leg day?  Autumn says she loves it, but this cute little guy sums up how I feel:


Seriously: tough, sweaty, but GREAT workout!  I had to drag myself out of bed because I was up all night with a migraine, but when I was tempted to skip my workout, that voice inside my head said, "You are always telling your challengers not to let their excuses win, so get your butt out of bed, COACH!!!"  Yep, that did it!  Plus, I weighed myself, and I am down 1.6 pounds in just 3 days.  OK, Autumn, bring on some more!!!

Here's what the food looked like for day 3:

Breakfast:  Mocha Shakeology, and yes, I added a tsp of peanut butter!  1 red, 1 purple, 1 tsp
Morning snack:  Oatmeal with peanut butter and pecans. 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 tsp
Lunch:  Chicken stir fry with veggies.  1 red, 1 green
Afternoon Snack:  Plain greek yogurt with berries.  1 red, 1 purple
Dinner:  Baked salmon with brussel sprouts and couscous. 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow
Evening Snack: Sliced cucumbers and sunflower seeds.  1 green, 1 orange

Day 4: Pilates

I had never tried Pilates until 21 Day Fix, and I have to say, I LOVE it!  The focus on breathing and strengthening your core is awesome!  This is one of my favorite workouts in the program.



Meal Plan:

Breakfast:  Mocha Shakeology. 1 red, 1 purple, 1 tsp
Morning Snack:  Plain greek yogurt with berries, 1 red, 1 purple
Lunch:  Arugula Salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and feta cheese and Dijon vinaigrette.  2 green, 1 orange
Afternoon Snack:  Cottage Cheese. 1 red
Dinner:  Baked Dijon Chicken Breasts, oven roasted asparagus and whole wheat couscous. 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow.
Evening Snack:  Steel cut oatmeal with peanut butter.  1 yellow, 1 tsp.

Day 5:  Cardio Fix

Did I mention I HATE cardio?  I think I did, but in case there's any any doubt, I HATE cardio!!  But, since cardio is necessary, I dutifully did it, and I have to say, I didn't die!  It was tough, but I can tell that my endurance is already improving.  As you can see, my hubby and dog both thought it was playtime!



My food for the day: 

Breakfast:  Salted Caramel Mocha Shakeology.  1 red
Morning Snack:  Two hard boiled eggs. 1 red
Lunch:  Greek salad with feta and chicken.  2 green, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 orange
Afternoon snack: Apples with almond butter.  1 purple, 1 tsp
Dinner:  Ground turkey tacos:  1 red, 1 green, 2 yellow
Evening Snack:  Apple with Chocolate Shakeology and peanut butter drizzle. 1 purple, 1 tsp.



Day 6:  Dirty 30

This may be my favorite workout of all time!  It really hits your whole body.  Ending with side plank leg lifts, what-the-what???  It totally gets the job DONE!

Good Eats:

Breakfast: Peaches and Cream Shakeology.  1 red, 1 purple, 1 yellow
Morning Snack:  Plain greek yogurt with mixed berries and pecans.  1 red, 1 purple, 1 blue



Lunch:  Grilled Chicken breast with sweet potato and green beans. 1 red, 1/2 yellow, 1.5 green, 2 tsp
Afternoon Snack:  Sliced red peppers dipped in mashed avocado.  1 green, 1 blue
Dinner:  21 Day Fix Extreme Turkey Chili.  1/2 green, 1 red, 1/2 yellow
Evening snack:  Sunflower seeds. 1 orange

Day 7:  Yoga Fix

The stretching felt sooooo good after a long week of tough workouts.  This is the active recovery day, and boy, did my body need it! 

Food: 

Breakfast:  Egg white omlette with peppers and sweet potato. 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow
Morning Snack:  Cottage cheese sprinkled with garlic powder and onion powder. 1 red
Lunch:  Vegan Tropical Strawberry Shakeology with 1/2 banana.  1 red, 1 purple
Afternoon Snack:  Sliced strawberries with peanut butter.  1/2 purple, 2 tsp.
Dinner:  Chicken Fajitas in lettuce wraps with beans and avocado.  2 green, 1/2 purple, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow
Evening snack:  Sunflower seeds.  1 orange


MY RESULTS:

In the first seven days, I lost 2.2 pounds and 5.75 inches!!!  Yay! This program WORKS!  The workouts are tough, but just about anyone could at least do the modifier, so it gives you a place to start and something to work up to.  The eating plan keeps you full and gives you lots of different options to keep you satisfied. 

If you would like to start your journey, but want some support, I would LOVE to be your coach!  I will teach you how to eat clean, give you motivation and accountability, and walk with you through this journey.  Just send me a message and I will show you how to get started!



Comments

Popular Posts