Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetabes

This is hands down, 100%, no doubt, my FAVORITE way to cook vegetables.  It is easy and involves very little clean up which is essential in my life.  My kids gobble up every kind of veggie I make using this method.  My daughter likes to call it my "burned" broccoli (or cauliflower, or asparagus, etc, etc). 



I can assure you, it isn't actually burned, my daughter is just weird (I mean, look at her mother).   Here is the method:

1-2 tsp olive oil
Vegetable of your choice (great ones are broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussel sprouts)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Meanwhile, wash your veggies and dry them off VERY well.  Cut them up into desired size.  Spread your veggies on a cookie sheet and drizzle them with olive oil, then sprinkle the seasonings evenly over them.  Toss the veggies with your hands until they are all evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.  Put them in the oven.  Check after 10 minutes.  Most veggies will take between 10-15 minutes to cook.  The veggies will be brown on the edges and will still have a slight bite to them when done.  That's it!  Easy-peasy and sooooo yummy!

Comments

Popular Posts