Healthy Chicken Salad Wraps

I used to be a mayonnaise junkie.  True story.  However, in trying to pursue a healthier lifestyle, I have basically eliminated mayonnaise from my life.  That being said, I found myself craving a nice, creamy chicken salad.  So, this is what I came up with. Who needs mayo???

Healthy Chicken Salad Wraps
(makes 2 wraps)
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder to taste
1 ripe avocado, mashed
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped (I used an orange, but you can use whatever color you like)
1/3 cup baby spinach leaves
2 whole wheat tortillas



Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Sprinkle chicken breasts with sea salt (use sparingly), black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste.  Bake 30-45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink.  Cut the chicken into bite size cubes.



Mash an avocado in a medium size bowl.  Add the lime juice and stir.  Mix in green onions, bell pepper and chopped chicken.  Lay spinach leaves in an even layer over the whole wheat tortilla.  Add half of the chicken mixture and roll the tortilla up.  YUM!




I wanted to use this for lunch for the next few days, so I doubled the recipe and put the chicken/avocado mixture in mason jars to store it and keep the avocado from turning brown.  I assembled the wrap in the morning so that it wouldn't get soggy overnight.





21 Day Fix Containers (1 wrap):
1 red
1 blue
1 green
1 yellow


Comments

Popular Posts