21 Day Fix Extreme Week One in Review

My journey using Beachbody fitness programs began in August of 2014.  The first program that I did was 21 Day Fix, and I fell in love.  The exercises were challenging, but do-able, and the eating plan was straightforward, easy to follow and offered good variety.  Also, I found that I really looked forward to drinking Shakeology every day for breakfast because it is delicious, quick, and easy.  I have more energy, less sickness and just generally feel great because I drink Shakeology every day.  I had great success with 21 Day Fix and Shakeology.  I lost 6 pounds and 6 inches in just 21 days. 

Since then, I have done several rounds of 21 Day Fix and also have done T25 and PiYo.  Overall, I am now down 20 pounds and about 15 inches, and I feel GREAT!  I am a 38 year old mother of two, and am in the best shape of my life.  I tell you all this to lay the groundwork for where I was when I started 21 Day Fix Extreme (21 DFX).  I felt pretty confident about my fitness going into 21 DFX.


Day 1, I was really excited to get going, as was my workout partner (my hubby).  Jeff is never excited to get up in the morning, and is always kind of grumpy, but he does it anyway.  Plyo Fix Extreme kicked our butts.  Literally.  I had to pause the DVD and recover for a bit so I could finish, but we pushed through and got it done.  Our dog, Lucky, was not impressed.  I will not tell you how badly my quads hurt for DAYS after (I had to use the hand bar on the toilet stall to sit down, TMI, I know). 

Despite the soreness, we rolled our butts out of bed (at the ungodly hour below), and we pushed through Day 2, Upper Fix Extreme.  Awesome workout.  My arms were like jelly.  I had trouble washing my hair.  If I don't get ripped using this program, something is wrong with me! 



Day 3, Pilates Fix Extreme was tough.  I am still not super coordinated with the resistance band, and I got tangled up a few times, but I am hopeful that as I get used to it, it will get easier. 


Lower Fix Extreme was Day 4, and my quads were still hurting from Day 1!  Autumn says several times during the course of the workout that she loves leg day.  I'm not sure that "love" would be the word I would use to describe what I was feeling at the time, but I DO love the results that I know I am going to see.  I SHALL be booty-licious when this is done.  I was not smiling, but I DID IT!



Day 5 is Cardio.  I had to pause the DVD a few times to take a breather, but we did it! Saturday was Dirty 30.  Surprisingly, I didn't find it quite as tough as Cardio, but my arms were burning and shaking by the end.  I love that Autumn ends the week with yoga.  After a long week of sore muscles, it felt great to stretch everything out and just breathe!  Week one done and I feel awesome (and I didn't die, which is a bonus)!  Read below for my review of the meals included in the 21 Day Fix Extreme Eating Plan...


 
The eating plan is pretty straight forward and easy to follow.  You are not allowed treats like chocolate or wine, but it is only 21 days, right?  So far, all the recipes I have tried from the eating plan are AWESOME!  I made the Fix Extreme Chicken Fajitas on the first night and everyone (including my picky Emma) INHALED them!  The Fajitas will be in our permanent rotation.



I also made the Turkey Chili, which we ate for a couple of days.  Again, a huge hit with everyone in the family.  Very flavorful and easy to make.



The Hearty Beef and Butternut Squash Stew was dinner on Day 5.  It takes some time to make, but came out great!  The kids BOTH asked for two helpings!
 
Saturday was date night. Since Jeff and I are both doing Extreme together, and are serious about following the eating plan, we opted to stay in and cook for ourselves.  We made the Poached Tilapia with Vegetables and it was delish!!  Tonight is the Turkey Meatloaf, and if all the other meals I made this week are any indication, it will be awesome!  This week has proven to my family that you CAN eat healthy and have it taste AMAZING!!
 
So, after having completed week one of 21 Day Fix Extreme, I can confidently say that this program kicks butt!  If you want to push yourself and see RESULTS, GET THIS PROGRAM!!  It is no joke.  It is tough.  You MUST follow the eating plan.  But if you are serious and committed, 21 Day Fix Extreme ROCKS!!  If you are ready to get started, message me, or click on the 21 Day Fix Extreme banner at the top of the page to order now.  I will be your personal, FREE coach and give you support and motivation to KILL 21 Day Fix Extreme and reach your fitness goals. I will put you in my challenge group, and we will rock this thing together!  If you think you are just not ready to go extreme, no worries!  Beachbody has a program that will fit just about everyone's needs!  Message me and we will chat about what program best fits your needs and goals.
 

Comments

Popular Posts