Lemon Shrimp with Orzo

This recipe came about because I found some beautiful shrimp on clearance at the grocery store and I had to use it FAST!  So, I dug around in my fridge and pantry, and it came out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.  My kids and husband all raved about it, and it made for a very happy mommy (me).



Lemon Shrimp with Orzo

1 box orzo pasta
2 tsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1 small jar artichoke hearts in water, chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup white wine (if you're feeling fancy) or 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
1 tsp dried parsley
1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper to taste
Zest of half a lemon

Cook orzo according to package directions, drain.
While the orzo is cooking, heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat.  Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.  Add artichoke hearts and cook about 1 minute.  Add grape tomatoes, lemon juice, white wine, and parsley.  Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften and burst. Add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes or until shrimp are pink.  Add salt and pepper to taste. Put cooked, drained orzo into a bowl and pour shrimp mixture on top.  Top with lemon zest.


Comments

Popular Posts