5 Tips for Getting Your Workout In Every Single Day

I have a shocking secret to reveal.  Are you ready for it?  Here it comes...  There are days when I don't workout.  There you have it!  The truth is revealed.  I know you probably don't have this problem, but if anyone out there happens to be like me and struggles with finding the time to fit everything in that needs doing every single day, I am here to tell you that you are not alone.  In my ideal world, I would wake up, work out, shower, make a delicious nutritious breakfast that the family would all sit down together to eat, go to work and be super productive and engaged, get the kids to all their extra-curricular activities (on time and without yelling), go home and make a gourmet dinner that everyone in the family enjoys (again, on time and without yelling), and get everyone clean and to bed at the appointed time.  All this while maintaining a spotlessly clean house.  Yeah, right.

Ok, now back to reality.  Since I am setting myself up for failure trying to be Super Woman, I decided to set some priorities and focus on certain areas of my life that I thought would have the greatest impact on my family's health and well-being.  The first of those was fitting in a workout EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.  While I can't honestly say that I am perfect and get my workout in every day without fail (see my secret confession above), I have discovered some key things that help me on the path to fitness.

1.  Work out first thing in the morning.  I am not a morning person, so I get that this is easier said than done.  However, life gets busy, and the longer you let your workout wait, the more potential that something will come up to sabotage even the best laid plans and intentions.  Get it done!  Check it off your list!  Yay!!  Plus, if you force yourself to consistently get up for your morning workouts, it will become a habit and it WILL get easier!



2.  Get everything ready for your workout the night before.  Lay out your clothes (or go to bed in them), get your workout DVD all cued up and ready to go.  Set out any equipment you might need.  Most of the time, I work out in my jammies.  It's true.  I'm at home.  Who cares???
Yep, that is me in my jammies.  I have no pride.  None.

3.  Go to bed early. I know, easier said than done.  But, seriously, do I really NEED to watch that missed episode of Downton Abbey at 11:00 at night?  The laundry can wait another day in the dryer, I'll just fluff it up and be good to go.  The dishes are not attracting insects yet, so they can wait for tomorrow.  Besides, there's always paper plates.

4.  Have an accountability partner.  Tell someone what you are committing to do and have them follow up with you every single day to make sure that you did it!  I post all my workouts on facebook, and people have grown so accustomed to seeing my sweaty selfies that they harass me when they don't see my post.  It's a little weird, but it works!  My husband has also started working out with me, so we drag each other out of bed.  No one has filed for divorce... yet. Also, becoming a Beachbody Coach has made me accountable to all of my challenge group participants and customers.  How can I tell them to do something I am not willing to do myself? 

5.  Remember the commitment you made to yourself.  When you are tempted to roll over and go back to sleep or let something else get in the way of your workout time, remind yourself why you started working out.  What is your goal?  Why is it important?  You are not just a glutton for punishment, so you have to have a good reason that you have made the decision to get healthy and fit.  Cling to that reason in the wee hours.  Repeat your goal to yourself over and over again until you have no choice but to get out of bed and DO IT.



If you would like some help staying on track with your fitness and nutrition, please contact me!  I would love to be your free Beachbody coach and help you achieve your goals.  Maybe you are well on your way to achieving your own personal goals and would like to pay it forward and help others live a healthy lifestyle. I would love to talk with you about the opportunities offered by becoming a Beachbody coach.

Now, stop reading this blog post and get all your stuff ready for your morning workout tomorrow, get to bed early, and GET IT DONE!!!

Comments

Popular Posts