Marinated Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce

I honestly wasn't sure how this recipe would go over with my family.  Tyler usually likes salmon, but Emma is a gamble.  Plus, I was trying to jazz it up a little by adding fresh herbs and a sauce... crazy, out-of-control mama!  What can I say, I wanted adult food.  Plus, its healthy!!!  Turns out, it was a hit with everyone.  Here's the recipe:

I used two salmon filets in this recipe

Marinade:
1 tsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
zest of half a lemon
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic powder (you can use more or less depending on how much you like garlic)
black pepper to taste

Lemon Dill Sauce:
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped

Mix marinade ingredients together in a large zipper storage bag.  Add your salmon fillets and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, maximum of 2 hours. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Put marinated salmon into a baking pan and bake about 15-20 minutes.  Exactly how long will depend on how thick your fillets are and how done you like your salmon.  (Please ignore the inside of my dirty oven.  Do not judge.)



While the salmon is baking, mix together the ingredients for the Lemon Dill Sauce. 


Put the sauce on top of the salmon when ready to serve.  Look how pretty that is!  It's like I'm a chef or something!



Now, wasn't that easy?? I served it with some Kale Chips and whole wheat cous cous.  Here is pictorial proof that it is kid approved (clean plate club, I'm so proud):


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts