Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: 21 Day Fix Approved!

My hubby and I are on day 5 of 21 Day Fix Extreme, and we have been 100% on point with the nutrition plan. But, yesterday was my hubby's birthday, so we had some tough choices to make. I mean, everyone needs a birthday treat, right? We really didn't want to get off track, so instead, we made a little compromise. While these cookies aren't technically 21 Day Fix EXTREME approved (no, treats allowed, doncha know!), they ARE 21 Day Fix approved. So, we could feel like we were making a much healthier decision than choosing cake and ice cream. ;) They were so quick and easy, the kids helped me make them (then they helped us devour them later!)



Here's the recipe:

Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (I only had quick oats on hand and they worked fine)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 ripe medium bananas, smashed
1/4 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly coat baking sheet with spray.
3. Combine oats, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
4. Add bananas, and chocolate chips, mix well.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, flatten cookies with a spatula or wet hands.
6. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until firm.

Makes 8 servings, 2 cookies each. 1 serving is 1 yellow, for my fellow 21 Day Fixers.

Note: this recipe is adapted from the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan. The original recipe calls for raisins and walnuts, but I don't like raisins and I can't eat walnuts... and, HELLO??!! CHOCOLATE!!!



Comments

Popular Posts