Avocado Black Bean Salsa

This is my "go to" party dish.  I take it to every pot luck event, and I always have multiple requests for the recipe.  It is easy, healthy, and delicious.  This dish travels really well and can be served at room temperature.  I often make this for a quick dinner, especially during the summer when I don't want to heat up the kitchen.  Best of all, my kids love it!!  Here is how you make it:


Ingredients:
1 can low-sodium organic black beans
1 can low-sodium whole kernel corn
2 avocados, diced
3 green onions, sliced
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  And... you're done!!  See, I told you it was easy!  I like to serve it with corn tortilla chips or just eat it by itself.  It also makes a great topping for chicken or fish.  The lime juice and red wine vinegar help keep the avocado from turning brown, so it usually will last a couple days in the refrigerator.  However, it usually gets eaten up way before that!

Comments

Popular Posts